Mahatma Gandhi State Institute of Public Administration (MGSIPA)Punjab was created in 1978 as registered Society to undertake research, consultancy, training and allied activities to improve management efficiency in the various areas of Public Administration particularly those areas which are characterized by deficits in the system leading to poor performance and inefficiency. The Institute is ISO 9001:2015 & 14001:2015 certified.The objectives stipulated in the Institute’s bye-laws very clearly emphasize the need of undertaking research projects for suggesting remedial measures.
The objectives of the Institute as contained in its memorandum of understanding are as under :
1. To undertake, promote and coordinate research and training in various spheres of governance.
2. To establish wings for :
- a) Education, training and orientation
b) Research including action research
4. To prepare print and publish papers, periodicals and books in furtherance of the objectives of the society.
5. To establish and maintain libraries and information services.
6. To collaborate with other institutions, organization, associations and societies in India and abroad interested in similar objectives.
7. To offer fellowship, scholarship, prizes and stipends in furtherance of the institution.