Certificate in Project Management Exam Process
Today, there are 17,000+ Certificate in Project Management credential holders in 600+ India's leading Public and Private sector companies as well as Central and State Government. Persons across 25 countries have also acquired the leading, top-rated Certificate in Project Management credential.
i2P2M does not carry out project management training to prepare persons for the Certificate In Project Management credential. Project management training covering the eight project life cycle phases is done by other training institutions.
i2P2M organises the International/ Executive diploma programs by hiring individuals or other training organisations.
Formal Training is Mandatory: Before being eligible to appear in the Certificate in Project Management exam it is mandatory for candidates to have undergone formal training of minimum 20 hours across the eight project life cycle phases of Conceptualize, Plan, Organize, Implement, Control, Integrate, Deliver & Closeout and Knowledge Leverage as per the curriculum for the Certificate in Project Management exam.
The Certificate in Project Management examination is a very robust 2.5 hour, objective, multiple choice exam with negative marking. The exam paper has four types of questions and is sub divided into 4 sections. All the sections have to be independently cleared. The examination can be done as a paper and pencil exam.Certificate in Project Management Exam details are :-
- Total Time: 2.5 Hours
- Total Questions: 150 multiple choice questions in 4 sections
- Total Marks: 200
- Passing Score: Overall 60% across the 4 sections ; 50% marks is Must in each section
- There is Negative marking - 25% of the allotted marks for the question will be deducted for every wrong answer
There are 4 types of questions in the CIPM exam :-
- Type 1 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 4 options. This carries 1 mark
- Type 2 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 5 options. This carries 2 marks
- Type 3 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 4 options. This carries 4 marks and are scenario based questions.
- Type 4 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 4 options. This requires some calculations and carries 5 marks.