Central Board Of Irrigation And Power
Central Board of Irrigation and Power, is a Premier Institution set up by the Government of India in the 1927. CBIP has been rendering dedicated services to the professional organization, engineers and individuals in the country related to Power, water Resources and Renewable Energy Sectors for the last 87 years. CBIP has grown into an eminent organization of international importance while serving the nation equally with great distinction. CBIP is Indian chapter for 10 international organizations related to Power & Water resources sectors.
Today, Central Board of Irrigation and Power presents a shining example of a pioneer organization and has enabled Indian industry to set higher benchmarks and attain international standards in excellence by creating a unique platform for growth and development of Power, water Resources and Renewable Energy Sectors.
It is a knowledge bank and an exchange for dissemination of experience and technical knowledge.
- Dissemination of technical knowledge and information through various modes, e.g., publication of journals, manuals, technical reports, guidelines, organizing seminars and conferences and recognisation of technical excellence through bestowing awards.
- To provide training to the engineers/professionals.
- To provide consultancy services
- To provide research and professional excellence.
- To provide linkages to Indian Engineers, Managers and Scientists with their counterparts in other countries and with international organizations.
- To establish a Technical database, technological developments and to provide information services to the professionals.
- Introduction of Latest Technologies.
Activities & Services
CBIP had been coordinating and monitoring R&D activities, assisting in specific case studies/problems. The Board publishes Technical Literature and journals including manuals, guidelines, specifications, etc. related to the fields of Water Resources, Power and Renewable Energy Sectors. Till date about 1500 Technical publications have been brought out by CBIP.
Besides its other activities organizing conferences/seminars in the thrust areas/advance technologies, conducting of training programs has also remained as the strength of CBIP. CBIP has so far imparted training to nearly 19000 professionals in various fields.