CIPM Certification Process
The CIPM examination is administered by i2P2M which is deeply involved in providing all round world class education and development in project management to meet the challenges and complexities at the work place. Today, there are about 17,000 CIPM credential holders in 23 countries from 570+ leading companies covering public, private and state sectors.Before being eligible to appear in the CIPM exam it is mandatory for candidates to first undergo formal training in the Totality of Project Management curriculum as the CIPM certificate is aligned to this curriculum.
The CIPM examination is of 2.5 hour duration and contains three types of questions. Details are given below:
- Total Time: 2.5 Hours
- Total Questions: 150 multiple choice questions in 4 sections
- Total Marks: 200
- Passing Score: Overall 60% ; 50% marks Must in each section
- There is Negative marking - 25% of the allotted marks for the question will be deducted for every wrong answer
There are 3 types of questions in the CIPM exam:
- Type 1 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 4 options. This carries 1 mark
- Type 2 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 5 options. This carries 2 marks
- Type 3 Questions: Has 1 answer to be selected from 4 options. This requires calculations and carries 5 marks.